The attorneys of GAPC defend owners, contractors and sub-contractors when claims of design and construction defects arise. Such claims can be complex, and involve numerous parties. The Firm is experienced in successfully and effectively dealing with these legal disputes.
Our attorneys' work in this area includes:
- Successfully defending general contractor against claims by homeowner following a fire that occurred late in the construction process; obtained compensation for the contractor for lost profits and other expenses.
- Obtaining dismissal of $1 million construction defect claims against a general contractor of a large Planned Unit Development (PUD).
- Obtaining dismissal with prejudice of claims against general contractor in a construction defect/catastrophic fire loss case.
- Obtaining favorable defense verdict at binding arbitration in catastrophic fire loss case where the Plaintiff was alleging over two million ($2,000,000.00) in damages.
- Obtaining summary judgment on behalf of a homeowners association (HOA) against claims from a financial institution for breach of contract and wrongful lien and obtained full recovery for the HOA on their counterclaims.